C6 - The adventure continues........in blue

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by myglaren »

Had a ride in the C6 that Kev mentions above.

Absolutely cracking car, very poised an powerful.

Even with four medium to large passengers and a large driver it flew along the country lanes in a very assured manner and the acceleration would make my brother weep (BMW). If he knew it was diesel he would throw himself in front of a bus.

Excellent interior and controls too.

Still I am very tempted by a CX.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Unread post by Trainman »

It's strange you should say that, I've just lent mine to a friend for a couple of days, and she is extremely impressed to say the least. She has a Golf TDi and she tells me that the drive is alot better and also alot easier.

It fact, in was a struggle getting it back............ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Not surprised that she was reluctant to return it.

The only criticism I could offer is that they didn't make it as long as the CX Prestige, with the acres of legroom in the rear.

If you are driving it doesn't matter though :)
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Depends where you sit in the back, the look of total surprise as you move the front seat passenger (if you have the lounge pack) is priceless !!! :lol:
Steve

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

I'm sure it is!
Keith's car didn't have that option and I was in the middle.
Still a terrific car, no question about it.
He is wanting to upgrade to the new 3.0V6 diesel.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Unread post by DickieG »

I recently had a ride in a C6, I must say I was very impressed and thought that it was far nicer than I expected it to be. I found it much quieter than the latest BMW 5 series and Audi A6 I drive at work, the trouble is that I'm now starting to want one :roll: either that or a new C5 estate.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

I'm going to have to start getting out and about to the rallies when they start again and meet a few people, were off to Bristol next month, so looking forward to giving it a good run.

Anyway, while I'm on I may as well bring the blog up to date, I've had the misting indicator out today and found, as suspected, that the sealant has gone, so that's a job for tomorrow, so I'm thinking it's best to type this now, whilst I still have all my fingers, as Stanley Knifes and I shouldn't really be used in the same sentence.

After that, I think a good wash, wax and touch up, to get rid of a couple of scratches and stone chips.
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

I think I've repaired the'misting' indicator, it lokked like part of the sealant wasn't bonding at the top of the unit so hopefully thats now sorted. :)

Decided to try an experiment with the fuel consumption, so doing the same journey all week along the M6 from 22 to 28 I thought now's the time, the distance is 19 miles so friday night a very respectable 48.8 mpg, Last night, same stretch of motorway, same time of night 45.6 using the cruise control. :lol:

So, all in all, not to bad, thinking back to the previous post (32.6), that mileage included town and county roads. :oops:
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Excellent trip down to Bristol and back over the weekend, Only saw 1 other C6, and that was on Saturday on the M5 going East.

Since coming back, 1 of the 'daytime driving lights' has blown a bulb, and I've developed an issue with the on board computer, which keeps shutting off, as it takes the speedometer and the complete dashboard with it, :shock: it's a bit annoying when your going through road works with those "average speed cameras" and your speedo tells you your doing 80, when your only doing 50, something to look at next week while I'm off. :roll:

Treated myself to a set of rear mudflaps, off "The Bay" for a tenner, better than the forty quid the main steelers charge. all in all, I'm getting to love this car more and more........... :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
Steve

Citroenmad

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Nice to hear its still going well, though the dash thing sounds a bit odd!

I will have to have a C6 one day, stunning cars. Your MPG is pretty amasing, 45MPG on a 19mile trip, thats good.

They look good with the fitted mudflaps, dont often see them with them though.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Me and my big mouth :roll: :roll:

Got a recall notice yesterday "to modify the vacuum circuit in order to optimise the efficiency of braking assistance system"
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Car back from the dealer, yesterday, but have been told that it needs to go back next week for a replacement part (piece of piping) also under the warrenty, they tell me that it's not essential but they would prefer to it.

Had a C3 curtosy car for the couple of days, I have to say, whilst it was great for flying about town, it's no cruiser.......

Then of course there are the things that you don't think about when your driving another car, which side the fuel caps on, the fact it's manual, (I know sheer laziness) and that it's petrol. The worst one was coming out of the supermarket and thinking now where the heck did I park, and then walking past the C3 because it wasn't mine.................must be getting old :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Steve

KP

Unread post by KP »

Do dealers not do like for like type replacement on recalls or warranty work, or even offer you a C5? bit cheeky to take your much more expensive car off you and leave you with a porta skip! no offence to C3 drivers but they are a bit curvy skip with wheels to me :D
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Got to admit, when I took it back to collect mine, I said to the Dealer "when they start making them with "Hydroactive" suspension I'll consider getting one..........he just laughed :lol: :lol:

(small fib) I just couldn't survive in one for a long period of time :oops: I'm built for comfort now :?
Steve

Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Fitted the mudflaps to the rear, and Chris your right, they do look great, Been back to my local "Stealer" for the remaining part to the recall, and to be honest they have been brilliant, nothing has been an issue and it wasn't costing me anything. \:D/

Seem to have solved the issue with the Dash going off, I reset the onboard computer and that seems to have solved it (famous last words [-o< )

Off to Catterick a week on Saturday with SWMBO, Queen Mother and S-I-L for SWMBO's nephew parents day, I must be mad ](*,)
Steve