aaaaaargh..been hit + run'd in my new xant

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI Dave
My Cars:

aaaaaargh..been hit + run'd in my new xant

Post by HDI Dave »

Typical,
Just got my new 2.0 hdi 110 all back together (new clutch etc), taxed,mot'd and working great. Been driving it for 2 days and...
...parked up outside the shop and an asian woman just drives into me :shock:
she carries on going, with me shouting 'oi, wtf, stop, etc'.No no no,she drives off!!!! I chased her but she wouldn't stop :evil: She took me deep into asian territory,lots about,so thinking quick I thought, not getting out here,(mind you,she WASN'T stopping anyway!) so I called the cops.
Copper on phone, 'just pull over sir'
Me, 'eh? she's getting away!
'Pull over'. :x :x
So that's that,give him the reg number of the biatch and never hear from them again,probably.
Only plus side is that the Xant suffered surprisingly little damage (helluva noise,scraping on impact) so I reckon her car must be stoved in all down her passenger side.

Oh and I'm getting this 'french charm' thing now,it's a great motor, pulls like a train and rides like a limmo :D

1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

That's a balls. Still, at least only the corner cap is affected - you can just pop that one piece off.

Uninsured driver probably... :roll: :roll:
ImageImage
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Ross_K wrote:That's a balls. Still, at least only the corner cap is affected - you can just pop that one piece off.

Uninsured driver probably... :roll: :roll:
Aah right, good (the cap pops off).

And yes,prolly uninsured.
I'm not even bothered too much about my car,it'll fix, just the fact that she 'left the scene of an accident' etc. I was FUMING!!!
What if she hits a kiddy or something? and the copper nonchelantly just says, 'let her go sir' so I had to watch her sail off :evil: :x :evil:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Go into a local police station and report it, get a crime number. They are more likely to follow it up if you do, take her off the road if she is driving without insurance.

Then you can go to the small claims court for damages. Better than claiming insurance money as it counts against you even if you have had a claim on someone else's insurance. it being their fault.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Shame we have to share the roads with these idiots really isnt it, its happened to me twice now, both times parked with the engine off, not in the XM thankfully, and it is very, very infuriating :evil: especialy when they just drive off :evil: :evil: .
Tbh although small claims should be worth it, in an ideal world, its never going to be worth the time and effort on your part for the result you get, if she isnt insured, they will probably plead poverty and be ordered to pay £6 a week, of course you will only see the first payment, if that etc etc.
I would however get to a police station asap and report her though.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Deanxm wrote:if she isnt insured, they will probably plead poverty and be ordered to pay £6 a week, of course you will only see the first payment, if that etc etc.
If the other driver is uninsured then you can make a claim through the MIB.

And for £3.50 you can find out for yourself via http://www.askmid.com/
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Just hope your police are a bit more on the ball than mine :)
Apparently a spanish lorry looking for the M1 smashed the wing up on my megane (personally I think it was the builders on the new estate just across the road but it doesn't matter).
Reported it to the police, gave them the number plate the builders gave me.
Then got a letter demanding I take my driving licence, insurance and log book down to the local station.
Now when the accident happend, I was fast asleep in bed, the car was parked outside the house (that was fun filling out the "how fast were you travelling at the time of the accident?" question).
The local police were confused as to why I was bringing in my documents (apparently no one told them), but they duly noted everything was in order and eventually I got a sheepish and slightly confused apology :D
Oh and was then told there was nothing they could do.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Homer wrote: And for £3.50 you can find out for yourself via http://www.askmid.com/
The free check allows you to make sure that your own vehicle is insured simply by typing in the reg. I suppose its handy if you own lots of cars with seperate renewal dates but I can generally remember when my renewal is due.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

All you need to do is tick the box saying the vehicle belongs to you.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

askmid is not accurate and can be out of date or lagging behind reality and it doesn't take into account trade insurance or people driving on another policy not belonging to the car. Take it's results with a pinch of salt is my advice.
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Dude thats outrageous, some people should never have been granted licenses to drive.
Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum..
Oh and I'm getting this 'french charm' thing now,it's a great motor, pulls like a train and rides like a limmo
Thats the magic of citroen, ya gotta love it. :D
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

If a vehicle comes back as having no insurance then no-one should be driving it on anything but a trade policy in certain circumstances.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Good old internet. :wink: People having a whinge and not doing what they can actually do, to approach a remedy.

Last year I was struck in the Xantia, by a driver who didn't stop. He tried changing lanes mid-corner, into me. :shock: With plates duly noted, I went straight to the police station and stood there while they filled out an incident report. I've seen enough police culture to know if you don't apply sufficient pressure ASAP, something else will "overwhelm" your incident.

I get the feeling our plaintiff is third party insured only. In this instance, recovery is best approached post-repair with documentation. But - you won't get anywhere without an incident report to refer back upon...

Imagine if you said:
...parked up outside the shop and a Jewish woman just drives into me
she carries on going, with me shouting 'oi, wtf, stop, etc'.No no no,she drives off!!!! I chased her but she wouldn't stop She took me deep into Jewish territory,lots about,so thinking quick I thought, not getting out here,
It wouldn't be considered very acceptable, eh? It's not innate ethnicity that makes a crap driver, more the lack of a group's social integration with the greater community - and thus an awareness of suitable behaviour/competency.

Regards, Adam.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

superloopy1 wrote:Just checked my Activa an it comes back RED. I switched it to a private plate after i took out insurance, should I have told insurance company?
Yes, in a word.
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Addo,
yeah, fair point mate.
TBH I couldn't care less if they're black,white,pink,thick,ugly etc etc, but I could have worded it better. My point was that for some reason that area is the worst in the UK for uninsured drivers, mainly asian,as quoted in the papers etc, but it's got to the point over here where you can't/daren't even state facts without upsetting someone.
I apologize if anyone took offence.