My "love" of all things xantia...and Xm...and Cx..

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Well i got my sphere removal tool today, so rear spheres to be done soon!
currently trying to get to grips with citroen service documentation :?
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Wow its not exactly user friendly, but useful for finding bits for the cruise control!
GPZ500s
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive not really been onto the Citroen service site much, might go and have a look.

I need a C5 sphere removal tool, the normal Citroen ones are to small to fit those. :?
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Well i set today aside for completing work for uni, so obviously ended up replacing the rear spheres!
I followed Jims guide as the haynes was rather lacking in information! So thanks Jim, your guide was great!

I found the job relatively easy, perhaps i didnt loosen the bleed screw enough though as i did get a face full of LHM as did the driveway! LHM and vinyl gloves do not go as it almost disolved the glove on contact!
The sphere removal tool was excellent i would reccomend anyone who wants to do spheres to get one! i was going to use a chain strap, but if it had slipped it could have damaged pipes!

I did the spheres to hand tightness which i hope is enough! The LHM which did come out was more brown than green, so i guess it could do with a flush at some point! What do people usually do with the old spheres? is it worth keeping them to regass in the future or just chuck them?

Of course after fitting i did a good session of citrobics, i am yet to see if there is any difference in the ride...

Today I also got the rear spoiler i ordered! Cant wait to fit it (just need to find out how, dont want to drill in the wrong place!
GPZ500s
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent work Dave, except for the douche vert that is :twisted: It happens, especially on the rears and is far worse if a sphere is getting on for flat.

Can't beat a proper tool for the job. Makes it a doddle.

Just remember that LHM is an excellent hair conditioner but yes, it's scary how it melts gloves. LHM really does chew into rubber; hence why all rubber bits must be LHM-compatible.

Hand-tight is right!

Old spheres I tend to keep if they are not too bad as Pleiades can regas them. Otherwise into the metal bin at your local tip but beware some totters look atspheres a bit suspiciously. A rusty and cruddy rear sphere can look a bit like a bomb to them!!!

Brown LHM is bad. I'd consider draining and refilling with Hydraflush as soon as possible. It makes a difference.

Pleased the guide was useful :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Thanks jim, ill add the LHM replacement to the list! next is the 6k oil change, it comes round quick!

Today I got round to fitting the rear spoiler :twisted: . I am rather pleased with the result! Couldnt resist taking a couple of pics.

Now it just needs a damn good clean!
GPZ500s
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's one very sweet looking Xantia :D

Normally, I'm no fan of aftermarket wheels but those really seem to suit the car.

I'm no fan of silver either but it really suits the Xantia and it looks fantastic.

It looks mighty clean in the pictures Dave!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Thanks!
Well they say the camera never lies, but in this case it does! (although i did clean all the veg oil stains off near the fuel cap for the pics!)

The alloys came with the car, i think they are rather tasteful too!
Just went out to see the new star trek film, which like everyone else says is brilliant, and the air bag light is now flashing! :evil:
Ill have to go fiddle with the pre tentioners under the seats, and if that doesnt work, ill come cap in hand for advice!
GPZ500s
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Just went out to see the new star trek film, which like everyone else says is brilliant, and the air bag light is now flashing!
You need to inverse the polarity!

And bung some dilithium crystals in the - dilithium crystal holder :?
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Ill let you know how that goes....
GPZ500s
ACTIVE8

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Citroenmad wrote:A very nice addition to your Xantia 8) and quite a find too i would have thought? Cant imagine Xantia leathers are all too easy to come by now.

I prefer non leather steering wheels, i dont like the feel of a leather wheel. Plus, have you heard it said that more germs live on a steering wheel than on a toilet seat … just imagine what lives in that stitching! :lol:

Chris.
Unless someone has sat on the leather seats in the nude!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Unless someone has sat on the leather seats in the nude!
Something i can promise i have not done....
GPZ500s
ACTIVE8

Post by ACTIVE8 »

It was a generalization, and a comment on not knowing what a previous owner has done in any car!

I suppose if someone had been in a car nude, there would also be hand or foot prints on the windows! :wink:
DickieG wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:I prefer non leather steering wheels, i dont like the feel of a leather wheel. Plus, have you heard it said that more germs live on a steering wheel than on a toilet seat … just imagine what lives in that stitching! :lol:
Mexican Flu? :lol: :lol:
Also when one looks around it can be noted, that too many people pick their nose when driving their car, and one can only imagine where that nasal debris gets wiped off.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
davetherave

Post by davetherave »

Well today i got my rear Mudflaps fitted, another E-bay special!

I also increased my spare parts store by 10 oil filters, my local dealers was selling them cheap, £1.65 each as they had to much stock so 16,50 for 10 oil filters sorts me out for 60,000 miles or 5 years!! Not bad!

I guess the next step is replacing the chrome type strips, hopefully ill get some at the ds/sm rally if im free!

Its amazing how different it looks form being a standard lx to nearly exclusive! (well not quite but that Lx badge is going to have to come off!)
GPZ500s
Koukku

Post by Koukku »

Looking good. That rear spoiler really makes a difference. :)

Any pics of the rear mudflaps? I don't think I've ever seen those fitted on a Xantia. I have extended front mudflaps on mine though, courtesy of the previous owner... not the pretties things, but I guess they help keep the paint on the sills intact.
- V6 Activa / Mini R53 JCW -