Best Christmas Present

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Best Christmas Present

Post by admiral51 »

Ok no-one has ventured this topic so here goes............

A little background info is required here as to my personal likes and situation :lol: :lol:

Those of you who have read my blog know that my good lady is from Scotland and that i travel to see the inlaws atleast twice a year. That being said i didnt meet my good lady until 1992 and my boy is now 12 so the following is important for those of you keeping up :) :)

My lad asked me on 16th dec who Stuart Adamson was as his music teacher said he had died in 2001 and was someone he should find out about.I explained to my lad that he was a member of the Skids and then Big Country before he commited suicide in 2001 and that i had all Big Country albums on vinyl but had no way of playing them. I told him the last time i saw them was in 1983 at the Bournemouth International Centre and sort of left it at that :)
To be honest i had forgotten how good the band were just got caught up in growing up i suppose but every time i go to the shops in Scotland i can hear Big Country in the background music-proper Scottish music but not Big Country if you follow :lol: :lol:

Tonight my good lady presented me with the following as my Christmas present
Every single Big Country album on CD
Big Country Final Fling DVD their last concert at the Barras in 2000

Now i know a lot of you are thinking its a late Christmas present but to me its the best present ever except for the late arrival of my son who was due on Christmas Eve 1995 so whats the best Christmas present you have recieved
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Aww, that's magic Colin :D Really brought a smile to my face...

Our youngest is about the same age as your lad, she's a 1995 model too :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Bet your face was a picture :D

What a brilliant start to the new year :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Re: Best Christmas Present

Post by addo »

admiral51 wrote:...so whats the best Christmas present you have recieved
I'm one of those people who is a bit prickly about festivities (it wasn't a great childhood in some ways) but 2008 had a fantastic highlight. On December 25th, I filled the Xantia with petrol and went on a massive drive through the country - about 500 miles through coastal scrub, then wine country and some mountain ranges. Took along a friend who's disqualified from driving, as the poor bugger had barely got out of town in the past year.

Only mistake was not packing some sandwiches - every takeaway was closed. :lol:
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

I got a tank of jelly fish from my house mate :)

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Xac thats 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Colin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Superb Christmas presents all, those.
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I thought the present was going to be one of those new-fangled USB turntables to play the vinyl on! Doesn't half sound fantastic after the clinical precision of CDs. Nice story though! :D

I got my main present early, in November. It weighs about 1400 Kg, and is mentioned in my signature... 8)

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I got a new ½" impact driver :D

Its a double hammer type with 1085Nm capability in a composite housing.
Performs very well compared to my standard old 380Nm ½" impact driver.

Best x-mas gift ever in my life. Love and kisses to my family who got together on this gift for me O:)

My youngest daugter found an extremely useful gift for me : A cap lamp - making it very easy working on dashboards etc.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
tomrostron

Post by tomrostron »

My best present this year was a thermal vest, for my birthday (25 dec). and thermal long johns for christmas. To be worn at the reebok stadium, watching bwfc, cos its freezing. ps. whats a good air filter for a 99 xantia 2.1 td. tom
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

tomrostron wrote: whats a good air filter for a 99 xantia 2.1 td.
A clean one :lol:

GSF Part No. N12273 AIR FILTER-LAUTRETTE XANTIA ACTIVA & 2.1TD

is a good one. The 2.1TD filter is physically the same as a 1.9TD one but has an extra layer of fine foam on it.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...