Pug 205 diesel intermediate pipe leak, Picture

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dreyfus
My Cars:

Pug 205 diesel intermediate pipe leak, Picture

Post by dreyfus »

Hi, would appreciate any help. I am losing coolant from a leak on the intermediate metal pipe, I think it may need a new clip,
never done this befor, does it have an O ring in it, should I use any kind of sealant, car is 1996 only done 88000mls, had it 5years
its the best guttsiest little car I've ever owned, do I drain the coolant first,any help or tips appreciated.View of pic is under drivers side wheel arch

Image[/img][/url]
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

The pipe is known to rot out - replacement is usually the only option. If you don't drain the coolant before you start, then it'll do it itself when you disconnect the pipe.. :wink:
dreyfus
My Cars:

Post by dreyfus »

ha ha, thanks for reply mate,so its a new pipe then, have done a search on GSF and pugspares cant find one anywhere any one know where I could get a new one and how much they are,,cheers
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Dreyfus,

GSF Stock them. Part No. T17960 Water Pipe - Metal at £9.50.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dreyfus
My Cars:

Post by dreyfus »

Hi citrojim, just what I was after,many thanks mate :D