Does anyone know if the ignition switch, door locks and remote key fobs from a series 2 Xantia will fit and work in a series 1 vehicle? Also, is it likely to be a pain in the rear to make the swap if they do fit/work?
Thanks for any advise
Thanks for that, it pretty much confirms what I had thought would be the case.BonceChops wrote:Not the fobs. Mark 2 uses a radio type fob and the Mark 1 and infra red type. the door locks look the same but not sure about the ignition.
Why do you want to know? What is wrong with your old locks?
I get what you're saying BonceChops but he was only prepared to part with the goods if I could make use of everything and as the fobs are RF rather than IR he gets to keep it all. He's a good mate so I'm not prepared to say I'll use it all if I don't/can't.BonceChops wrote:Has he given you the switch part of the ignition. It should be removable and fit your ignition barrel/key. It is only the switch part you need not the whole ignition lock. I hope that makes sense.