206 stereo (T1 LOW) displaying "ERROR 2"

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joshm

206 stereo (T1 LOW) displaying "ERROR 2"

Post by joshm »

Hi all,

After a recent theft of an aftermarket unit, I refitted my g/f's original radio cassette in the car. At the time I didn't have the code - it was written down in the docs or on the spare key.

Anyway, I return to the stereo later to find that the g/f has been messing with it and it is now displaying "ERROR 2".

Any idea how to get back to the code input screen (I have the code)? Do I need to leave the unit on/off or press any buttons?

Thanks for any advice,

JoshM
joshm

Post by joshm »

Additionally, the code I thought was correct could in fact be wrong - it is four letters rather than the expected four numbers. Can anyone confirm whether I have the wrong code?!

The car is on a W plate so hopefully Peugeot might still have some record of it on their database if I give the original dealer a call...
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

The radio code will be 4 numbers.

Its printed on a white card with the key number which does contain letters on a PSA Peugeot / Citroen but normally more then 4.

Or are you looking at the blue plastic security code card? If yes thats for the imobiliser & is no good for the radio code.

Any Peugeot dealer will supply the radio code with proof of ownership, Some will charge a small fee & some might not.
joshm

Post by joshm »

Good stuff - thanks PowerLee. It looks like we have the blue card as you suspect. I'll get the g/f to dig around and find the white one - if not I guess it's a trip to the dealers!

Cheers, JoshM
pugxpert

Post by pugxpert »

error 4 useally means how many times wrong code has been entered,try holding band button to see if it clears to allow you to enter correct code if not leave radio on without touching igntion untill it say code in or 4 dashes this can take up to 2 hrs
EP6T petrol turbo nice engine in the 207 GT and the new mini....
joshm

Post by joshm »

[quote="pugxpert"]error 4 useally means how many times wrong code has been entered,try holding band button to see if it clears to allow you to enter correct code if not leave radio on without touching igntion untill it say code in or 4 dashes this can take up to 2 hrs[/quote]

Ah, I see! Thanks. Anyway, got the code from the main dealer so (hopefully) all sorted now. Thanks for your help.