Front seat heater relay, XM Series 2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NiSk
My Cars:

Front seat heater relay, XM Series 2

Post by NiSk »

Anyone know where the relay for the front heated seats is located on the Series 2 XM?
I've got most of the wiring diagrams, but not the component location drawing. Since both rear seats work and the fuse for the front seats is intact and there is no power coming to the heat regulation tumbler, I assume something is wacky with the relay (it's numbered 817 by the way).
//NiSk
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

How are the wires identified, if like the xantia they have numbers printed on them, simply look at the wire numbers (or colours) going to that relay in the diagram, then look for a match going to any of the relays on the car, I used this method to find the rear window inhibiter relay on my xant.
Dave
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Well, the colour of the wiring doesn't match the wiring diagrams I've got (despite the fact that they are for the series 2), but there does seem to be something printed on the wires. Guess I'll have to get the magnifying glass out, it's really tiny! And some of those wires are pretty small.
I was hoping that someone knew where the relay was located so that I could avoid all that, but I guess its an unusual model in the UK.
//NiSk