re: Odd Xantia Alarm Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crws

re: Odd Xantia Alarm Problem

Post by crws »

Hi all
Ive just fitted a new drivers mirror to my p reg xantia and now my alarm keeps going off. I had to strip alot of the wiring and door down to fit the mirror, but i have checked all cables and plugs and all are well. I was wondering if it was due to the fact that i did not disconnect the battery like it was suggested in the Haynes manual. Would it solve my problem by disconnecting the power for some time, would this reset the alarm?
Any suggestions welcome
Many thanks
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

crws, if you disable the internal sensors with the dash button, hold it in until the lamp glows steadily and then set the alarm, does it still play up? If not then the sensors have failed. Just didn't like being disconnected and they are old enough now to have failed.
If it still plays up then resetting everything by disconnecting the battery may help. Just make sure you have the radio code first! R
crws

Post by crws »

cheers for the help i will give it a go and see if it resolves the problem
Cheers
crws

Post by crws »

giving the above suggestions a try and i think that maybe the sensor has gone as i left the power off for a while and connected the power back and the indicators falshed to indicate the alarm had reset (i believe) and then when i armed the alarm it did not go off for at least 4-5 hours and then suddenly went off for no reason.. So im back to square one.
Cheers
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Sounds very like sensors. Maybe your work on the wiring in the driver's door fixed a bad connection to the sensor that is not working right. That might explain why you have an alarm problem now. If disabling the sensors with the dash button stops the alarm from going off then it is a sensor problem. New sensors are about £25 a pair from your nearest friendly Cit Dealer.... Easily fitted without taking the door apart.
PJ