306td electrical fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bad driver
My Cars:

306td electrical fault

Post by bad driver »

Hope you kind people can come up with a few suggestions here to help. As title a 96 306td, I've just dropped the engine back in after having some head work done and engine bay painted. Connected all the electrics back up which was fairly straight forward however when the battery is connected the stop light and brake light come on on the dashboard. Strange without the key even in the car this shouldnt happen, also the immobiliser seems to disarm itselfb (toad) doesnt have the factory immobiliser as originally it was a n/a derv. The turbo conversion was done a year ago and never had any problems before. Its also not the first time the immobiliser has been unplugged for a long period and thats never caused probs before. I had to do a few circuit tests as 2 wires I wasnt sure on (both look the same) were the glowplug wire and the secondary wire on the alternator) Anyway I managed to determine which wire was which. At least I think I have as one wire comes to 12v live then the glow relay clicks and it drops to 5v so the other must of been the alt wire as that has no voltage.
The glowplug light on the dash doesnt come on though??
Anyone any suggestions where the wiring could be wrong to cause such a host of wierd symptons? The ca will not turn over at all, the battery is fully charged.
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Something else I noticed, on first click of the ignition the fuel gauge rises as normal on second click it goes backwards as though trying to get of the scale (less than ignition off)