Xanatia Discoteque

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Xanatia Discoteque

Post by martyhopkirk »

Interesting, but not really that irksome (yet) problem with my 2000 Xantia.
Was bleeding (citaerobics) it late at night and of course had both interior lights on and the door open.
Both lights started acting like belisha beacons, one on one off , then alternating, then i was plunged into darkness, then light then winking at me again. at the timethe passenger lamp was set to "on" the drivers set to on when the door was open - though seemed to make no difference.
So - is my car possessed by evil citronean spirits, or is there a far simpler explanation for the cars desire to mimic a french 80's disco (all we need are the free Gallouses Blondes and were laughing!)
ghostrider
My Cars:

Xanatia Discoteque

Post by ghostrider »

If you set them both to be on does the problem go away? sounds to me like a corroded door switch that works for a while but as the current flows it becomes intermittent, Why the F*** they cant fit a proper microswitch is beyond me [:D] I've had similar probs at various times with cits going all the way back to the first DS I worked on in 1969 [xx(]
________
ANGELINA JOLIE NUDE
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Strangely not no. Seems to be something getting warm and then making current flow more difficult. Still reminds me of dancing to Bros near Lyon about 1988! (oh the shame, still met a rather nice French girl)