306 Phase 1 vs Phase 2???

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

apsbaketcase
My Cars:

306 Phase 1 vs Phase 2???

Post by apsbaketcase »

I am on the brink of purchasing a D-Turbo and would like to ask if any of you very learned gents know if the cat. conv.(abbreviated because I cannot spell it, that thing in the middle of the exhaust)affects the fuel consumption and acceleration?
Secondly, I would expect the upgraded velour seats and door cards from a phase 2 would fit the harsh ker-nacked trim of a phase 1.
Apart from a bit of butchery on the electric window switch would there be any other difficulty?
Thanks all
Ash
1991 405 GLD Estate - condition = similar to a Baghdad taxi but still gives 52mpg.
Mrs = 405 GLX
Cat = 2 legs & 2 wheeled trolley(alloys of course!)
[?]
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

Hi,
As far as I was aware the CAT was only introduced on the phase 2 and judging by your message you’re buying a phase 1. When I had the CAT cut out of my 98’ D-Turbo there wasn’t any noticeable difference in fuel consumption or power. It must have improved things slightly but I couldn’t tell.
As for swapping the interior from a phase 2 to 1, I have no idea, you would have thought everything would just bolt straight on. But knowing Peugeot you may have to drill new holes in the floor for the seats. Plus the fixing screws and clips for the door cards may not line-up with the ones in the doors.
Cheers
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

seats are a direct swap, the door cards fit but the bolt at the top of the arm (near dash) needs to be shortened slightly. Also it will only clip on rather than bolt on in various places. Doesnt cause any hassle but a spirited close of the door from inside can pull it loose.