306 reprogamming

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

moomin

306 reprogamming

Post by moomin »

i no this has been coverd a few times but none of them coverd the age of mine or my situation. mine is a 1994. also, all of the precedures on here and everywhere else describe the reprogramming as using your other remote key in the ignition, i opnly have one key with a button (and only one button on it not 2) my other key has no buttons, batterys, or other electronical components. i've tried the unplugging the battery and trying after 3 ns but that didnt work, failing that does anyone know where the control box is? or how to test if the key is actually sending and how to tst the reciever?
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
I take it we are talking infra red remote key here?
If yes then, The receiver unit is in the roof next to the courtesy light under the raised dark red plastic lens.
To test the keys output point the key at a digital camera or phone camera, Look at the screen & watch for a bright flash when the keys button is pressed.
moomin

Post by moomin »

well using ur camera method im fining that they key is screwed. is there a cheaper way to do it other than having to take out a loan to get a new key from pug?
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

Assuming you’ve checked the batteries in your remote key, then it looks like it may have expired. A dealer will charge an arm and a leg (well around 70 pound) for a replacement key. But it may just need a new plastic case which you can normally get from a dealer for under a tenner. The button goes flat with use and get harder to press, but then people use too much force to operate it and this can damage the internals of the key.
You could try taking the key apart and check it again with your camera, if it still doesn’t work then you need a new key. Ebay is a good place to look for second hand key plibs. But before you part with any money I would try and check your IR receiver is still work by borrowing a similar key from a friend or neighbour.
You only need one remote key to reprogram your car, the ignition needs to be switched on to perform the reprogramming. The later phase II cars have a chip in the key so that is why you need two of them.
Cheers
moomin

Post by moomin »

there are lots of 2 button one on ebay. will they work?