Xantia HP pump - any advice?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

Hi All,
I've got a '95 Xantia TD (LX) with a leaky hydraulic pump. Does anybody know if a repair kit is available for these things - or is replacement the only option?
If replacement is necessary, what would be a reasonable price for a salvaged unit from a scrappy? A new one, even from GSF, is financially out of the question!
S
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Last one I bought from Simpson Bros Salvage (http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/) in N Yorks was about ?30 with a 90 day rtb warranty. You could also try Pleiades for a recon, but that will be nearly as much as GSF, there was a thread on this site about repairing the old BX style pumps, not sure if there is one about the newer style Xantias
Pete
________
Nevada medical marijuana
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

You can get all the o ring seals from your Citroen dealer if you want to have a go yourself.
4026 86 x1
4026 87 x3
4026 88 x1
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

I have one for sale. Email me: adamhilton@btinternet.com if you are interested, details on the car its from are in the for sale/wanted section of the forum.
A.
DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

Adam, I might be interested in that one - the only problem is that you're not exactly local to me ( I'm on the Shropshire/Cheshire border ). I haven't yet dug out the Haynes 'rough guide' and spanners yet so I don't know even roughly what the thing weighs. I think it would cost a bit more than a first class stamp to post! Never say never though - time permitting, I'll unhook it this afternoon and do some 'research'.
Stempy, are these O rings relatively cheap? ( My experience of Citroen parts tells me that wherever rubber is involved, it's going to cost big time - £140 for a coolant hose, would you believe! )
Pete, that's pretty much what I was looking for - my local scrappy usually has half a dozen Xantia corpses knocking about, so at least I know roughly what I should be paying for a pump if the other options fail. I'll know more when I get the thing out later.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

The seals are in the region of 50p each.
DervDonkey
My Cars:

Post by DervDonkey »

So I can try that for less than a fiver. Excellent[8D].
Didn't get the thing off yesterday - as luck would have it, the rain started just as I did...[V] I've got another problem too, but I'll put that in another thread.
Thanks for the help!