Xantia rear suspension drops

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Xantia rear suspension drops

Post by bernie »

After braking and coming to a stop, after around 10 seconds the back sinks to the ground. If I'm stationary for more than say 45 seconds the back comes back up but if I have to pull away sooner the back stays on the bump stops until it raises say after 20 seconds.
Is this normal?[:0][:0][:0]
Is it a problem with the hydractive spheres?
Or is it the anti sink sphere?
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Just noticed there is a bleed nipple on the top of the hydra block at the rear, could it need bleeding?
If so is it done with engine running or not and hydra. on or off?
I say this because i've just removed the lhm and cleaned the filters and replaced with hydraurincage. Since then it's gone a bit strange ie. hard then soft etc. I have done the citroacrobatics and scored straight 10's. But still not right, a bit like AlanS's VSX in aussy.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Its not unknown for Citroen suspensions to do a few weird and wonderful things with hydraflush in the system. It'll probably return to normal once its got regular LHM in again.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

After any fluid change - you always bleed the brakes. Firstly to get old fluid out from these dead ends in the system, secondly to bleed out any air.
It's wellknown that air in the rear brakes circuit can do the most weird things to the rear suspension.
Keep on with Citaerobics - you will at least have the most cheerfull feedback from other trafficants [8D]