Xantia Activa HDI vs C5 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

406 V6
My Cars:

Xantia Activa HDI vs C5 HDi

Post by 406 V6 »

Hi folks!
I saw a 12/98 Xantia activa, 2.0HDi with 108.000kms on the clock. the suspension is OK as well as the car. 12000€
How does this car compare with a regular (HA3) C5 in terms of comfort? or is it comparable with the HA3+?
Many, many thanks!
(please reply quickly....!)
tony42
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0HDI VTR+ Technopack 150 Blue Tourer 2016
Citroen C4 1.6HDI VTR 2013

Post by tony42 »

wow thats very expensive i thought portugal was cheap .Surely you would be better sourcing a car from spain/france or holland.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

406, so, you're not happy with the C5 HA3 comfort...
Then I would say the Xantia Activa is not for you, because it only keeps high levels of comfort in straight lines (it is in fact more comfortable than the HA3, but not the HA3+). When you turn in the Activa, the suspension gets really harder one one side (left or right) to avoid body-roll, and, if the road is not perfect, you'll know it...[xx(]
If your priority is comfort, go for C5 HA3+ Mk2.
That price is too high, anyway. If it is a late '98 (October-December) do not pay more than 10.000Eur. If the car is not in mint condition, put the limit in 9.000Eur.
Unless, of course, there are 'heart' reasons involved.
Take care
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Thanks Tbird.
i must say that, a MKI C5 HA3 is softer than an HA3+ (i tryed both before buying).
It's just that these weather changes are showing up on my back, and i get more sensitive to road conditions. Still have the Xantia on my heart, though.
Besides, people only give me 15000euro for the C5, one year old... that's throwing money down the drain :( so i'll stick with it.
Thnaks for the info.
Ciao!
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Caution - Xantia Activa is very dangerous on wet roads because you don't feel the limits and can easily go too fast and thus lose control of the car... [B)]
How about winter tyres?
Try to bring the price down to 10.000Eur. Do not pay a cent over 10.000Eur. After all, that car is 6 years old.
12.500Eur would be fair (in Portugal) for a Xantia HDi with 4 years.
Good luck!