Xantia hydraulic sight glass

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jshodgson
My Cars:

Xantia hydraulic sight glass

Post by Jshodgson »

My yellow indicator sits at the top of the sight glass all of the time. I've tried the car in each of the different height settings whilst idling. I think it sits lower when in the maximum height setting but it doesn't fall between the red rings.
espzetec

Post by espzetec »

mine does this too. hopefully someone can point out a remedy
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

That just sounds like there is a bit too much LHM in the system/reservoir. Have the same thing in one of my cars, the previous owner had put too much in, the disc sits just above the top ring on full height. Don't really think it makes any difference apart from it being a waste of LHM. If there was far too much it would be pushed out the overflow?
Waxee

Post by Waxee »

I had the same issue with my car when I bought it. I drained some off and got it to the recommended level. Could not tell any difference in the suspension.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Providing that is does not overflow on the lowest setting, it does not matter. If one or more spheres were replaced, the level would probably rise.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

When you check the LHM level indicator, its supposed to be done with the suspension on max height setting, so it follows that if the indicator is at the top then, when the maximum amount of LHM is out of the tank and running around the system, it should be at the same level, or higher, for all the other settings.
So, no problem!!!