anyone for a 6 litre peugot?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TheWorker
My Cars:

anyone for a 6 litre peugot?

Post by TheWorker »

take a look at this beast, carbon shell with a V12. no proper specs as yet but it`ll probably have a top speed well over the 200 MPH mark.
it will also have to contend with the maclaren mercades slr (5.5 v8,617 bhp, 0-62 in 3.8 seconds, tops at 210)
http://www.fast-autos.net/peugeot/peugeot907.html
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

What's the big idea with such a car ?
The concept alone belongs to an era that never comes back - our roads are simply too crowded these days to enjoy such a car.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Yes It's been left behind in design terms because it's only real appeal is to speed freaks. Better designs are concerned with things like centring the driver and having seats either side or as another case I saw recently the controls can be operated from the left or right side of the car because they are fly by wire. My friend had a Lotus Europa in the seventies and his girl made him get rid because of the centre console - really puts a stop on things. It's either a styling excercise, a posers pouch or a museum piece. Especially when European legislation stops cars above 1500cc going on the road lol :-).
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Paulxmski</i>
...Especially when European legislation stops cars above 1500cc going on the road lol :-).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'd be all for that. I dont see why any motorist needs an engine bigger than 1500cc if they intend to stay within the speed limits. Unless ofcourse they are a bus.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Anders! That sort of thinking grounded Concorde!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

so you can overtake people doing 40 in 60 limits? :)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Its probably not meant for production but simply to generate some interest - firstly amongst those who build it, and then amongst the press, trade and public ho see it and make comments.
Ideas for new cars have to come from somewhere and are much needed in the motor business at the moment. you will probably finsd that some obscure detail of this car becomes universally used in 10 years time. After all the crowning achievement of the Jaguar XK 120 was to have one of the first good tappet adjustment systems for overhead camshafts (bucket tappets and shims) and mobile phones came from Startrek (who didn't use purflux filters).
A little extravagance isn't always a bad thing and for Peugeot it was probably loads more fun than their regular offerings.
Jeremy
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Peugeot is the older brother of Citroen.
Leader of the group. Leader on sales. Green light to produce prestige cars like the Peugeot 406 Coupé, and the future 407 coupé, while Citroen may be happy for having permission to build the Xsara and C4 Coupés. Not to mention F1...
Something like VW and Seat (being Citroen the Seat).
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Quite right tom..........Worst day when SHE was grounded!!