Default number for keypad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DomF9
My Cars:

Default number for keypad

Post by DomF9 »

Someone told me Citroens have a default number for the keypad in case you lose yours, something like 1111.
Anyone confirm if this is true or a myth? Only ask, as I've been offered a Citroen that the owner has lost the keycode and needs the car off his land.
crooser

Post by crooser »

it's a myth,you need a new ecu.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

1111 is the base code programed into the immobilizer from the factory, you are supposed to change it as soon as you start using the car! (although lots of people don't so it might be worth at least one try - if it doesn't work, turn off the ignition before trying any other codes, otherwise you''l get locked out for 30 mins to start with).
Other than that - its off to your favorite friendly Citroën agent . . .
//NiSk
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

No need for a new ECU, there is a way if getting the keypad to reset to its default setting but rather than post the technique for 'all and sundry' to see, email me and I will pass it on.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Once you know the code you can disable the keypad. Enter the keycode and start the car, then while the car is running unplug the keypad. The ECU then keeps the current code. It works, I've done it on mine and it even survives battery disconnection/changes - so far...
DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

Thanks peeps
I was told it by my mate, particularly as there was a Xantia going on ebay for a few quid as an hpi repo and the repo company had lost the number. Car went for more than I wanted to pay anyway.
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

richard
have sent you a email but this forum server doesnt send them on i checked by sending myself one.
i need to no the trick as ive got a estate out back im sorting but no code how can i get in touch pls
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I to mailed but I have learn't That they don't pass on[V]
Would love to know as theres a cracking td estate slowly dying behind a car sales place I know, been there at least a year, with no code and not worth getting an ECU so they say......Could be a bargain coming I hope, please mail me.
pennyridge(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

lets no if he gets in touch pls and if it can be done
laurie
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

Would love to know as theres a cracking td estate slowly dying behind a car sales place I know, been there at least a year, with no code and not worth getting an ECU so they
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Its not too hard to bypass the immobiliser on the XUD engined Xantias. Its a case of cutting the protective plate off the injector pump, and running a positive wire to the fuel cut off solenoid from the ignition switch. It could be worth doing if the immobiliser cannot be got working, and the car is otherwise ok.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

hey dave that looks like a great idea [;)] Had a strange one with my keypad earlier this year, went away for a week leaving the car in a car park came back got in OK but when I put the code into the pad both the red and green lights came on at the same time and engine would not start, have to say thet wife actually did this as I was at the other end of our journey due some very complicated car swapping arrangements. Anyway wife rings says B car wont strat because of the two lights. Called AA they said about 1.5 hrs or so. about an hour or so after trying the thing suddenly accepted the code and has been all right since. Never did find out what the problem was, which means everytime I leave the car I expect to come back to the same problem [:((]. It was a very hot day and I have a feeling that that may have been the trouble, left it for a week at E Mid airport last week and despite the fact that it was dark, pissing with rain, and ankle deep in water.... it started, so my apologies to who ever Sod was busy with at the time [D)]
________
Scientology dicussion
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Richard, I too would like the code work around. I e-mailed you from this forum but if the e-mails weren't being passed on you wouldn't have heard. May all interested parties e-mail your dickie? Now that does sound rude...
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Dave, not a problem.
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »