Xantia spheres (recommended garages in SW?)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zxdyson

Xantia spheres (recommended garages in SW?)

Post by zxdyson »

Having read the entry regarding spheres from Westroen etc. I am thinking about the convenience of getting someone else to change the spheres on my Xantia (especially at this price)
Does anyone know of somewhere similarly cheap (but good) in the Bath / Bristol area?
Cheers, M.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Bristol
Bristol 2cv 16A hampton Road, Redland BS6 6HJ tel 0117 974 3947
AP Autocare, Whitehouse place, Whitehouse Street BS3 4BL tel 0117 963 8916
Both very long established Citroen specialsists well known to me.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Why not replace the spheres yourself??
I did on my Xantia, took me about 1 1/2 hrs to replace all 5
Didn't have a sphere removal tool, just sprayed the spheres where they join the strut and then for the rear, Raise the car to full height -put some blocks or something under the sills just in case the car drops down- I used a lump hammer and cold chisel to loosen the spheres, drop the car down to bottom level, turn engine off and release the pressure, undo the sphere and replace.
For the front do the same, front ones are very easy to do because there isnt the same crud around the and they are not exposed to the weather.
for the accumalator sphere, put the car up on ramps, put in low position, release pressure, and do the same with lump hammer but be careful not to hit the radiator or pipes.
This may sound harsh, but it works, I have done it about 9 times now on different cars.
Regards
Paul