ZX 1.4 advantage indicator and wiper failure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pistonbroke
My Cars:

ZX 1.4 advantage indicator and wiper failure

Post by pistonbroke »

Hi Guys newbie to this forum, but well impressed with the knowlege being shared! I have a problem which I hope someone can shed some light upon. The indicators and wipers on my car have decided not to work, and I have checked the fuses and they all appear to be ok visually but have yet to test them with a meter, and i am not sure whether the same fuse would be used for both, or which fuse number to check ( no manual yet) or is it possible that a relay is to blame and which one would it be? or is it possibly some other cause? Any advice would be welcomed. Incidently the hazzard lights still work.
Dave
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi Dave
F2 is probably blown - on panel on RH side of dash, behind cover. It may be blown because one of the wiper motors is 'tight' - rear one can suffer from seized spindle.
If you haven't got a meter, a battery and bulb will suffice, or even just a bulb wired as a test lamp.
If one of the wipers is drawing too much current it can also melt a bit of print inside the timer relay - repairable.
pistonbroke
My Cars:

Post by pistonbroke »

Thanks to uhn113x for your response to my problem, it turned out to be fuse F9 which was the problem, even though as you and the handbook stated that it should be fuse F2, I was quite surprised that so much was running on a 20 amp fuse because unbeknown to me I had lost brake lights too, I just hope it was a dodgy fuse and have not got an underlying fault instead......Again many thanks for your help. Dave