BX rear wiper and splash

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

czenda
My Cars:

BX rear wiper and splash

Post by czenda »

Hi, does anybody know for sure what is the correct operation of BX rear wiper and splash? Is the switch designed for "push slightly - wiper+splash, push more - only wiper", or is it idiotic enough to provide only for wiping and splashing simultaneously? I tried to find the answer in BX manual, literature and our local (CZ) forum, but never found for sure.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It is "idiotic" [:D][8D]
Note that there are 2 variants according to trim level on various models :
1) the more common type with a push button switch up on the dash ("idiotic type")
2) the rare (luxury trim) type with controls on the RHS stalk. This type controls selective wipe / wash.
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Thats something i wanted to know last year... I thought there was something wrong with my dads BX TZD when all you could do was splash and wipe simultaneously. Spent hours looking for what could be wrong.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Never seen the stalk type, As far as I know, estates (breaks) have half push to operate
washers, push on push off for 4 wipes and push once for wipers on full time. Saloons are, I'm assured different, and are without the delay module.
I heard a tale of a forum member who fitted the rear wash wipe module in place of the aircon ecu. It fits perfectly but the aircon didn't engage.
I won't name names, I'd likely get run over with a Xantia.
JimW
My Cars:

Post by JimW »

On my GTi it works as follows:
1) A quick push on the button (e.g. 1/2 second or so) will kick the wiper mechanism off - once, that is one wipe - before the washer pump really gets started. There will be very little washer fluid come out (maybe none, if you're real quick with the button).
2) A longer push on the button will operate both wiper <i>and </i>washer for as long as the button is held.
I'm not really sure that 1) is by design, but on all 3 GTis I've had that's how it works.
Jim.