Trafficmaster

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

silverback

Trafficmaster

Post by silverback »

I've just spent £30 to renew the licence for the Trafficmaster in my Xantia.
Have I wasted my money[?]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Mate of mine E-bayed his years back saying it was rubbish. He reckond'd you got more info from a decent RDS radio in the car. Must say that was out in his Audi with the 'traffic master' sat in a 2 mile long que with the little display showing a fully clear road. An accident and 45 mins past befor it up dated.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

That depends....
Its got a nice voice!
But i have always found mine tells me im miles away from where i am (and traffic is flowing freeley) even when stuck in the mother of all jams (like this morning).
I bought a £3 unit off eBay which just uses lights - and strangely with no subcsription charge its more accurate! Odd (though you are supposed to phone 1200 from your mobile when it bleeps and lights up red!)
Still, i like the ladys voice!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Depends on you average journey. If you travel on the motorways and major A roads it will warn you of trouble ahead, though it is generally a few minutes behind. It has on occasion saved me heading down a slip road onto a jammed up motorway, so in that respect it's pretty good, but as it only covers major roads it wont tell you that it's gonna take you an hour to get across town on Saturday afternoon due to a burst water main etc. so you'll still need the TA button pressed on your radio.
To get the best out of it you would need to use it in conjuction with sat nav. It's all very well avoiding a jam ahead but it's going to take you just as long if you have to keep stopping to look at the map.
silverback

Post by silverback »

I thought so[:(]
I'm a sucker for gadgets so I thought I'd give it a go.
I had Sat Nav in my ex company Avensis. I miss that, and the lovely lady's voice keeping me company on an unfamiliar journey.
I could shut her off if required too, unlike my Mrs!
[;)]
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

My trafficmaster works fine and has saved me from many traffic queues and also saved me from a crying child too.
Paul
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Back in my contracting days, my Freeway paid for itself within the first week of using it.
On the other hand, I was caught on the A1 near my parents, I joined between transmitters, and hit a jam. Doris picked up the next transmitter and said that traffic was running freely.
It was - the A1 was closed and traffic was being diverted - so therefore there was no traffic for the system to monitor - and so the road must be clear !!!