Project BX the latest news

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Project BX the latest news

Post by Jon »

<b>Good news:</b>
Submitted BX for MOT at local garage this morning that was offering MOT's with £10 off. Instant pass with no advises. MOT bloke said "You must be brave, I've never seen one where everythings been replaced like this, they usually fail on loads" Cheers mate.
Taxed Car.
Purchased cheapo JVC radio/CD from local Halfords for £79.99, in celebration.
<b>Bad news</b>
Upon conducting Italian decoke going up hill en route to MOT station, find that the clutch slips.
Oh, joy!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Jon,
if you didn't have anything to fix on the car, would you be happy?
At least you have another project to keep you out of trouble.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well Done Jon. Another BX saved!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

No faults! congratulations Jon, are you planning to remove the box to do the clutch or pull the whole beast out and do a few preventatives while you are at it?
Stewart
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Im impressed at the spanner wheelding prowess of you Jon and I bow down to you!
If i had attempted it i would be reaching for the matches about now!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Nice one, Jon[:D]
Look on the bright side - the BX clutch is going to be easier than a Xantia TD one[:D]
Maybe[:o)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'm going to do the clutch in a couple of weekends time, no way I'm going to do that here on axle stands, so I've arranged to borrow a ramp at friend's garage one Saturday morning. I'm going to do the clutch, the n/s droplink plus look at the n/s CV joint, some clown has cable tied an aftermarket universal gaiter on there, needs replacing with the proper one with the plastic rings.
I've today fitted the CD player, cleaned and hoovered the inside, cleaned all the glass internally and started to polish the better bits of the paintwork. Ideally, the roof and bonnet need repainting, I do most things but spraying isn't one of them though! I'm waiting to hear from VANNY re the BX 16v wheels for that "finishing touch"!!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Bet you're feeling satisfied with that!
I, too am waiting on VANNY for some wheels.
I'm told by a liverpudlian colleague that it is the best place to go for secondhand wheels and tyres!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Oi oi, whats this about Scousers and wheel changes?
Pickin on me you lot are, though i am pretty good at it, and do have 3 sets in the garage :D
And whats with calling it Project BX? I dunno, i come up with a brilliant idea (BX project) and now everyones jumping on board [:)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

ey ey ey calm down etc etc.
I was so inspired by your BXproject that I thought I'd start my own "Project BX" and go from a nice Xsara HDi to a dog rough BX instead, just to show empathy to the "cause"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

And I was so inspired by his that I thought that the world needed another TZI estate in working order.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I'm hoping to inspire Dave Bamber back into BX ownership, he has some crazy ideas about a 205D for Mrs B at the moment.........................................................................
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

now theres an application for the 24v ZM 2.5l turbo diesel, diesel propelled 205 shaped rocket!
He he, i can see it now, tearing round the track nailing the Mi16's, now thats the way to get revenge on them for killing the BX 16v's
Wow, i mean if im this inspiring there's hope for the world yet!
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Sorry Jon, I can't be tempted back to the "dark side"[}:)] I've done my time on the shovel with a BX and don't fancy doing another.[:0][B)]
Well done for coaxing yours back to the land of the living[:D]
"Conducting Italian decoke" LOL