Weber 36 TLP/200 carb in BX 16 TRS and so on

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

czenda
My Cars:

Weber 36 TLP/200 carb in BX 16 TRS and so on

Post by czenda »

Hi, I have the above mentioned Weber in my 16 TRS (BAY engine). It seems that the previous owner changed original (controlled) Solex for manual Weber for fuel economy reasons. The only Weber 36 TLP ever mounted on BX was /100, what is the number after slash referring to?The thing I am very unclear of is a strange plastic barrel (size similar to that of inline fuel filter) hanging on the right-hand side of the carb, connected by two rubber pipes. The barrel is not depicted in Haynes. Does anybody know what the thing is (someone suggested an expansion chamber for pressure peaks dampening). And, by the way, what is "anti-flood capsule" mentioned in Haynes? Thanx
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

All about BX carbs on Bob Smith's library site : http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/Carburation/
CommY
My Cars:

Post by CommY »

Want a solex from a running engine for the postsge money?? In fact any other 1,6 bit's you want before I SCRAP IT??
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

My guess, without piccies, this relates to cold-starting and works with inlet vacuum to hold open the choke flap just a smidgeon to prevent stalling on idle that would happen if the auto-choke closed completely. Could be completely wrong.
PJ
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

Having done some detective work in local scrapyard, I found that the plastic barrels were installed in some carbed Pgts 205 (Solex of unknown type). Then, using the extremely valuable link (are there any more for original Cit procedures available?), I traced the bloody thing to "vacuum reservoir". The previous answer was correct. Thanx to all.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Czeck out your native Citroen Club : http://citroeny.cz/servis/servis.htm [:p]