Ah bugger BX's I've got me a Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Ah bugger BX's I've got me a Xantia

Post by bernie »

[:)][:p] 1999V Xantia HDi Exclusive Estate in metallic black with black leather[:p][:p][:p]
Well not entirely bugger cause I've still got my 3 BX's and FIAT 124 sport.
Running out of room[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Very nice!
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Do you think they will catch on then?
Stewart
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

Do you think they will catch on then?
Stewart
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Fiat 124 sports nah, not many left[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

Hi Bernie - sounds like a top buy!
May I ask how much you paid, and what mileage/condition it is in?
Did you find many on your travels - Hdi Exclusives that is.
Cheers
Dan
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Bought a Xantia, has he? We won't have heard the last of him, then!
Strange beasties, Xantiae; I don't know much about them but here is one nugget of advice:
Don't take it to sea, Bernie until you have checked the anti-sink sphere.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daniel B</i>

Hi Bernie - sounds like a top buy!
May I ask how much you paid, and what mileage/condition it is in?
Did you find many on your travels - Hdi Exclusives that is.
Cheers
Dan
I just love it[:)][:)]
Price[?][?][?][?]
94000 miles FSH excellant condition and everything works (electric adjustable and heated seats, climate control, abs, sunroof, 6 cd/tape/radio, trafficmaster, rain sensetive wipers etc etc. and that marvellous hdi engine. It's more like a petrol on noise but with the kick of a diesel turbo + I'm hopeing for 50mpg.
I take it you are after one by your tone?[:p]
I searched for around 6 months before this one came up, there are a few in garages but at £5000. Mine was the only one that was a private sale so if you want one snap it up quick.
You could always make me an offer I could not refuse[}:)][}:)]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Bought a Xantia, has he? We won't have heard the last of him, then!
Strange beasties, Xantiae; I don't know much about them but here is one nugget of advice:
Don't take it to sea, Bernie until you have checked the anti-sink sphere.
Tom there's no reason to hear from me again because I've got a Xantia and as everyone knows Xantia's do not go wrong.[:0][:0][:0][}:)][^]
There is hardly any postings about Xantia's cause it's all BX now[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
Mind you they are still winning 3 - 1[:o)]
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

Hi Bernie,
yes I saw one on AT for 5K yesterday in fact - looked pretty tidy.
I am looking for one, but not actively, if you know what I mean, as technically I don't 'need' one, but actually I do 'want' one.
As I am in no hurry I will be fussy about the colour, my preferences being Silver, or the pepper red or whatever colour they call it.
What is it like to drive, and how comfy are the leather seats?
I have never even sat in a Xantia, but had heard reports that the standard seats are not all that comfy, compared with a BX as well.
Does the Hdi unit feel pretty good, in terms of pulling power and crusing ability?
IS it noisy, and what kind of MPG are you getting?
And finally (!) is the load area big enough?
I'm seeing C5 Hdi estates for around 5K, and I'm assuming you can fit a C2 in the back of one if you wanted!
Cheers
Dan
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daniel B</i>

Hi Bernie,
yes I saw one on AT for 5K yesterday in fact - looked pretty tidy.
I am looking for one, but not actively, if you know what I mean, as technically I don't 'need' one, but actually I do 'want' one.
<b></b>I was exactly the same Dan, my BX turbo is going really well as well as having air con (thanks to Tom with the wiring), but I 'wanted' a HDi exclisive estate.
As I am in no hurry I will be fussy about the colour, my preferences being Silver, or the pepper red or whatever colour they call it.
<b></b>You may have a long wait.
What is it like to drive, and how comfy are the leather seats?
I have never even sat in a Xantia, but had heard reports that the standard seats are not all that comfy, compared with a BX as well.
<b></b>Easier to drive than the BX and a lot less noise. As to the seats I fiited 16v seats to my BX because they are 100% more comfy than the std. gti type so I thought the Xantia seats might not be so good. To my surprise they are more comfy and the electric adjustment moves the seats in more ways than the 16v ones.
Does the Hdi unit feel pretty good, in terms of pulling power and crusing ability?
<b></b>Drove it back from Taunton to Southampton, performs well but has not got the turbo kick of the BX but a more smoother power delivery. 70mph equates to just over 2000 rpm so very relaxed.I did accelerate fast a couple of times and it behaves more like a petrol and the power does not fall off at 4000 rpm like the BX.
IS it noisy, and what kind of MPG are you getting?
<b></b>Very quiet apart from the seat electric motors[}:)][}:)] good vibrations though[8D]
And finally (!) is the load area big enough?
I'm seeing C5 Hdi estates for around 5K, and I'm assuming you can fit a C2 in the back of one if you wanted!
<b></b>Yes even the 6 cd holder is hidden out of harms way[:)]
You will not be dissapointed
Cheers
Dan
Regards
Bernie