plip casing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timmsd

plip casing

Post by timmsd »

Where can I get a new plip casing and how much.
Citroen only want to sell me the whole thing. I remember someone saying they could get them from their local citroen dealer for a few pounds.
Dave
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I know for a fact that Citroen do the plip for the 98 Xsara in an almost kit form. I purchased the rubber buttons for mine for a tenner from my local main dealer. He showed me on his computer an image of the plip and all avalible parts. Buttons, key, curcuit board and seperate case. It sound as though they want some big money instead of petty cash if you know what I mean.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I don't know what your car is but if you look in the online shop you may find something - bx unit + 2 plips - £50.
jeremy
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I've bought Xantia plip housings from my local dealer for about £6. You will also need the rivet and spring so that the key folds, but thats under a pound.
The parts aren't actually listed, and most dealers deny all knowledge that these are available.
However, Rigbyes Citroen in Eccleston, Lancs have a box full on the shelf and sell loads of them! If your local dealer can't help, give Philip a ring in the parts department on 01257 451648 and I'm sure he'll sell you one over the phone with a credit card.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

There's a fixing set available, part no. 9926FH but it only seems to include the rivet and clip @ £2.34 and the rubber button diaphagm part no. 9926FE @ £4.97 but the rest is only listed complete with internal circuitry. As 9926F is common to both maybe adding a G or F might come up with something[8D]
timmsd

Post by timmsd »

Thanks to all. Armed with that info I managed to get my local dealker to admit to having them!
Dave