Xantia Suspension rattles

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steffan7
My Cars:

Xantia Suspension rattles

Post by steffan7 »

Hi, Just joined after discovering this forum and finding a wealth of info, so can anyone help with my problem. I have a 96 xantia TD SX estate which has been 1st class and have just bought a 94 19Td hatch, 98,000, the suspension rises and falls as it should and the ride is smooth, however there is a rattle when riding over bumps coming from the front,Ive checked the brakes etc but it appears to be coming from the suspension and sounds as though it is coming from both sides though not always at the same time,it almost sounds as though something is loose? is this a common problem and more important can the diy mechanic fix it.
Steffan7
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

It sounds very much as if the 'droplinks' will the the culprit. These are the vertical bars which link the antiroll bar to the suspension arm. Try searching on 'Droplink' and you will find a wealth of useful info. Well within DIY.
tony42
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0HDI VTR+ Technopack 150 Blue Tourer 2016
Citroen C4 1.6HDI VTR 2013

Post by tony42 »

I had similar problem but with a squeak also. Turned out to be dry anti roll bushes. Got mechanic to grease hc linkages at the same time. The noise has gone. I still have a problem with something called P Bushes which are creating a slight judder in steering wheel when braking on rough surface or accelaratingl hard over undulating surface. Tony