Now it's all BX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Now it's all BX

Post by bernie »

A while ago I started a new topic about the lack of BX's on this forum while Xantia's ruled the roost.
But now when I ask a question about HDi tuning boxes it seems BX's are back in favour.[:(]
The BX is the new Xantia[:)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

I know.... Im even finding myself trawling eBay and autotrader.co.uk looking for a diesel BX to replace my ZX (but lacking Jons techno ability i dont think i can take tha risk!)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Bernie, The BX was always better than the Xantia which is rather ordinary.
BTW Where is the anti sink sphere on my BX?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

You won't want to know us anymore[:(]
It will go very cultish, secret meetings etc[V]
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

BX's are definitely the way forward ;-)
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Paranoid. It already is cultish and secretive. Citroen dealers often deny that the BX ever existed!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

We had this debate when my BX TD came up for MOT and there look like being a couple of jobs to be done soon - like a replacement of the gearbox.
At the time we were wondering weather to get a caravan and of course the BX's lightweight counts against it. The TD is also noticeably less powerful for moving off than our 1.9D ZX and this all added up to a bit of thought.
In fact for the time being we have decided against the caravan so low weight is once again an advantage and crawler gears are off the agenda. however having considered a Xantia estate I must say I like the look of them and they look more solid than the BX both inside and out.
However the minus points are the weight which seems to make the TD rather slow and a bit thirsty. The thing is also considerably longer than the BX and as the ZX's lock is much worse than the BX I presume the Xantia is even more clumsy to park. 2.1's and HDi's are abit dear at the moment as I don't like paying much for my cars and would rather someone else pay the depreciation for me.
So it looks as though I'll keep my BX which on the whole is what I wanted to do anyway. If it will last another 5 years then I'll be very pleased and to be honest I don't see any reason why it won't. (I wonder what its mileage will be then? - 195,000 now)
Incidentally it went straight through the MOT without even a recommendation.
jeremy