AX Trouble

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ItDontGo
My Cars:

AX Trouble

Post by ItDontGo »

I have found a fix for this problem without even getting my hands dirty that all bodgers would be proud of.
Here goes:
When driving along the motorway after about 5 minutes the engine management light comes on. I think this has something to do with the throttle potentiometer as there is a position during a stroke of the throttle pedal where the power goes and comes back on again with further movement.
Anyway my fix has been to switch the ignition off and then switch it back on again so that the light goes out. Obviously I'm not fixing anything as it probably just takes 5 minutes to clock on to the fact it has a problem it needs to tell me about. What it doesn't realise is that I dont want to know.
In the end though I think I have two choices one of which I need help with.
Firstly could somebody tell me where to buy a new throttle potentiometer that wont cost more than my car?
Secondly I might just take the bulb out. What you dont know dont hurt as they say.
Well I suppose I would know but the person who I sold it to wouldn't. Unless they use this forum. Er... I wont do that I promise [;)]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The trouble poti is stocked by GSF. If you cant find it online - give them a call. Be sure to have detailed info on model/year/engine type at hand.
My guess approx £25.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try www.autoteknik.co.uk If you have the part number your laughing. They do over night delivery as well.