One for Oilyspanner..

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

One for Oilyspanner..

Post by tomsheppard »

So you have built a 1.9 TZD?
What did you need to do to a poor innocent BX to make it work. I guess the mountings, intercooler etc are all in the same places but it is always the peripheral bits, Rad, driveshafts clutch linkage and exhaust usually that give the problems. I have a petrol car that just might get Dieselled so I'd welcome your ideas.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

easy tom, I used the TZD clutch, box and flywheel, removed and swapped all engine sensors (temp and electric dipstick) used the bx alternator mounting bracket. only technical bit was to remove the vac pump from the cam end and fit pulley to drive HP pump, had to block off oil return (piece of M10 bolt and silicone) fit a seal to cam end, have end of cam bored to take pulley bolt and pulley bored out to fit fatter camshaft, no keyway, just did it up tight, for the rest I just used standard TZD coolant hoses etc.
If your diesel comes with a gearbox then as long as reverse gear in car was in same position, no problems there, the swap was really easy.
i have since been told that I could have fitted a BX cam and saved myself trouble but I have taken a lot of time with shimming these motors before and the motor I acquired was a known "good un"
The conversion was well worth the effort, the midrange grunt of the 1.9TD really makes the BX fly and is a quick and civilised drive
Stewart
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Oil return from the Vac pump? Looks like a good conversion to me!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Might be quicker to buy something like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 21037&rd=1 and save lots of work?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The oil return is just a hole in end of the head underneath the cam, but with the conversion you need it like a hole in the head!)
Stewart
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Jon re the link, I have one of those sitting in the garage now! Thinking of popping it into a C15 van;)
Stewart