Unique ZX TD?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Unique ZX TD?

Post by Jon »

I was very interested in this ZX TD Volcane on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 84854&rd=1
According to the vendor the car features "Bosch Motronic fuel injection, oil temp gauge, oil pressure gauge".
Plus these performance figures:
"Official figures:
max speed 127mph [:)]
0-60 7.8 seconds
47.1 mpg @ 56 mph
36.2 mpg @ 75 mph"
Awesome figures for the 1.9TD! Perhaps its something to do with the Recon. engine 3000 miles ago (car has only done 61,000?)Odd.
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

I've been keeping an eye on this one aswell. It doesn't look any different to the interior of my J reg ZX Volcane 1.9i. I think someone is trying to get the young lads interested in what could be a nice car. Fairly quick, cheap to insure and run.
My brothers been toying with the idea of getting a ZX TD, currently got a 1.9D and hates the speed of it but he can do 20 miles a day and is on very little due to a modern appreticeship.
Just out of interest what would the actual value be for one of these?
Ste
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

yes lol i read that last night and told a friend about it just now. Normally these sort of things annoy me like when people are selling mi16 engines with incorrect information and i write them emails to correct as its false information for any buyers but i couldnt be bothered with this one
jon: OT but did you get the email I sent you via messaging thing on here about 1.5 weeks ago?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

thanks, email sent
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

its on my watch list too lol
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I emailed the seller and sugested that perhaps he'd got the performance figures mixed up with the 1.9 petrol. I got no reply back, but I notice he's now changed the description [:D]
IanD
My Cars:

Post by IanD »

Yep I had a laugh at that one the other day.........but as much as I did at the "modified bodykitted Volcane" that was on there the other day. Amongst the mods were the usual suspects such as "slammed 60mm", alloys etc but my favourite was the single wiper conversion it had!! PMSL
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

the figures were still out for the petrol. I wish my slow 16v did the 0-60 in 7.8! :)
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

quite low mileage for the age!
there is (or was) another nice white one on there with leather interior
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

the figures were still out for the petrol. I wish my slow 16v did the 0-60 in 7.8! :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I thought they sounded a bit optimistic, even for the petrol.I wonder where on earth he got those figures from??