hydraflush

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

hydraflush

Post by crooser »

how good really is hydraflush?setting aside the imagined benefits,is it really the miracle cleaner that it is supposed to be?i would like to know the genuine answer to this question before i buy some so can somebody help me please?thanks
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

When I first bought the xant i did a fluid change and against advice, swopped for straight LHM, When I checked 3 weeks later the new fluid was filthier than before it was changed , due the new stuff stirring the crap up a bit.
Replaced with hydraflush and left it in for 1500-2000 miles and swopped again this time bleeding the brakes (as per Anders dk helpfull instructions) 3 months later the fluid still looks like it just came out the bottle, the suspension also has a more fluid movement when going up and down and when height correcting etc, Definately recommended for the money (£15 for 5 litres)
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Crooser
It 'does what it says on the box'
Bear in mind that you may have to strip and clean your HCs after the flush - all crap that is not drained out with HF ends up in them!
crooser

Post by crooser »

i can strip out the parts so on 2 replies it sounds as though it is a worthy bit of maintenance.where can i read what's on the box before i buy so that i know what it does?
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by crooser</i>

i can strip out the parts so on 2 replies it sounds as though it is a worthy bit of maintenance.where can i read what's on the box before i buy so that i know what it does?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Ah, that was purely rhetorical [;)] There is not even a box - 'tis an unfair world [:(]
Hydraflush / Hydraurincage good stuff, though - think senna pods for oleopneumatics!
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

My latest 'box' didn't even have English instructions on it!
The previous one described in pidgeon English:
1)Drain system as as far as possible and clean filters,
2)Refill with hydrauincage,
3)In 1500-2000 miles drain, clean filters and refill with LHM...
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Err thats about it really, [:D]
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I am currently running the car with hydroflush, its been in about 4 weeks now, I'm going to leave it in for another 2 weeks, then, strip down and clean time. Should take about 3 hours to do it, so I've allowed all Saturday to do it in.
Paul
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

At what interval would you use hydraflush? Presumably not at every LHM change. Would it be best to use it every second change, every third or every fourth? My car is comming up for its third change and although its LHM looks clean, it it worth flushing first?
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Dave, Hydraflush is intended to clean up a neglected LHM system or one that has been contaminated.
If your Xantia's hydraulics are operating properly and the LHM has been changed at the prescribed interval you needn't bother.
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

I have to admit, I am surprised with hydraflush. Was having trouble with my BX, 18 months & 20,000 miles after the LHM was changed, mainly with heavy steering.
Drained out old LHM which was yellow, cleaned out the filters (which were not very cruddy), refilled with Hydraflush - steering is perfect & suspension rises quicker than ever before. My only fear is when I refil with LHM in 2,500 miles time, it will revert to its old ways!!