Diesel Tuning Boxes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bbrucez
My Cars:

Diesel Tuning Boxes

Post by bbrucez »

I know this subject has arisen a few times before.
I've got the link for the English version of AMH Booster from Germany: http://www.amh-booster.de/ebay/english/
It's still not clear to me how it works but at the promotional price, surely it's worth a punt. They have excellent feedback including from UK purchasers.
Can someone decipher it and maybe compare it with the UK products? It seems one fits all which is different.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Don't think so bruce. The small print is a little disconcerting as it has no guarantee if you open the box. It is long on claims but short on credible technical data. "Tuner- amplifier" is the sort of thing that appeals to SLBs but to those of us who have spent 30 years in Electronics Engineering, it sounds like meaningless b*llsh*t.
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

Hi Bruce,
I have seen the advert aswell and questioned it in this forum last week it does appear to be `cheap as chips`
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Don't think so bruce. The small print is a little disconcerting as it has no guarantee if you open the box. It is long on claims but short on credible technical data. "Tuner- amplifier" is the sort of thing that appeals to SLBs but to those of us who have spent 30 years in Electronics Engineering, it sounds like meaningless b*llsh*t.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The snake-oil salesmen collectively rubbed their hands together when Karl and Gottlieb made the first practical IC cars! They have thrived ever since - cf 'fuel cats', 'spark intensifiers' 'oil additives' et al
Motorists are as easy to fool as the Audiophools!
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

What a terrible site. They have tried to translate it using a little knowledge of English and a web-based translator. I tried this with some instructions I wrote as we were wanting to sell this thing in Germany. Anyway, after spending hours using this translator my dad, a German speaker, said it was awful. Words like tuner-amplifier are a poor translation of ECU and I remember my instructions were full of them.
Kered

Post by Kered »

Nothing at all to do with tuning boxes but the reply from ItDontGo reminded me of the time I tried a French translator program on the PC. I asked it to translate "Do you have goat's cheese". I expected "Est ce que vous avez fromage de chevre" instead I got "Est ce que vous avez fromage de buc" What the heck is buc? Chevre is goat! I looked it up and buc is Billy Goat.
So fancy going to a shop and asking if they sell billy goat's cheese? [:I]
Derek