C5 HDi noise

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

406 V6
My Cars:

C5 HDi noise

Post by 406 V6 »

Hello!
I find my C5 estate with the 110bhp HDi making a squeeling kind of noise. It makes it when releasing the clutch suddenly or changing gears and to about 2000rpms. Seems kinda the noise old diesels make when shutting down (yes, it makes it too, even when crancking up).
Also, the car wobbles quite a bit when starting to roll, and when pulling from low rpms in 1st and 2nd gears (it used to make that a time ago, i refered in a post - the sphere change one? - when riding on intermediate height), but it's getting worse. Some times, when reversing the car and apllying the brakes it makes a "clunck" noise. Not always, though, and only does it once.
What could this be? loose suspension?
Many thanks
Patxi
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by 406 V6</i>

Some times, when reversing the car and apllying the brakes it makes a "clunck" noise. Not always, though, and only does it once.
What could this be? loose suspension?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Whatever this clunk is, I hope it isn't serious. Mine has been clunking like this for years.
PJ
broomie
My Cars:

Post by broomie »

clunk in reverse from brakes are brake pads knocking - its normal
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

But none of the car i drove before did this clunck.
Oh, btw, a fellow told the that the squeeling could be roller bearings - dunno.
Thanks chaps