Blingo Chime Warning! Wheeler might know?!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Blingo Chime Warning! Wheeler might know?!

Post by Jon »

Using and abusing the family Blingo going to Brum and back just now. I notice that whenn braking moderately, a warning "chime" sounds!
No warning lights illuminate.
I checked the brake fluid level, up to the max, and engine and coolant levels appear in order.
The "thing" has only done 7000 miles so I doubt that the pads are worn out (the last one I had the pads were only 50% worn at 20,000 miles)
Any clues folks? [?]
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i belive the chime noises come from the steering column switch module(Com2000) so could possibly this thats faulty or possibly just a software problem requiring the BSI unit to be downloaded.it could be any thing really.is there any thing electrical been fitted ie towbar wiring or an aftermarket radio. is it ONLY when braking or has it happened at any other times ?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Coming back from Brum. This must be the sound of your pie 'n' chips and cup 'o' tea being ready.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Cheers
No, it only happens when braking more than gently, I've checked all levels plus theres loads of brake pads left. The car is completely standard electrically.
I'll see if I can get a software update done because its still got a problem with a delay to the Horn, apparently this is also a known problem! Also something to do with the BSI I'm told [:(!]
Cheers