Xantia suspension stuck in lowest position.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ktaylor21662
My Cars:

Xantia suspension stuck in lowest position.

Post by ktaylor21662 »

Today my MOT tester lowered one of my Xantia's suspension to the lowest level and now can't get it to rise again. I've had this problem before on another vehicle and fixed it by pushing the lever to the highest position, then returning it to the normal ride position. However, this doesn't seem to work this time.
What is happening here and is there a simple solution. Kevin.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

I would tell the MOT tester to fix the car pronto! He has no business touching the height control at all!!
//NiSk
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Kevin, assuming all was well before hand I can only suggest that the height control valves have both stuck or that the control lever has broken/disengaged the operating rods in the height control valves. This is a shot in the dark as it would be very unlucky for both the front and rear valves to sieze or become disconnected.
Either way it is going to mean getting underneath to check and this not easy with a car on the lowest setting.
As a check of the pump function, does the stop warning light extinquish and do the brakes work? If so pump is ok.
Others with far greater experience than I will add comment I am sure. Nisk however is right, the garage should try and correct it. It has no part of MOT as I understand it. Perhaps they were playing!! R.