citroen zx water leaking in

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trevone45

citroen zx water leaking in

Post by trevone45 »

Water is coming in to my ciroen zx and I can't find the point of entry. The wet patch is under the carpet in the centre of the driver's (right hand drive) footwell.
Even playing a water hose over the car, including the windscreen is not showing where the leak is coming from.
Has anyone any ideas as to the most likely place?
It is a 1994 1.9Td.
Any replies will be very much appreciated.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I know its unhygenic but I would first of all taste the offending water, if its sickly sweet then you have the dreaded heater matrix problem, It might be worth removing the trim in front of the windscreen and removing the detritus that accumulates there and cleaning the drains, failing that lift the front carpet in the region of the pedals, there are a few designed openings there any of which may be the source
Stewart
goose
My Cars:

Post by goose »

i have the same... but in the passenger footwell,
found it to be a grommet out of place due to me tampering with it to run my power cable for an amplifier. so i re run the power cable via a fresh hole properly grometted and sealed, and put a new grommet back in place where the other hole is. seemed to be fine for a bit but now signs of winter grow closer and we've had a wet summer its damp all over agen. ive checked the grommet and all is ok so wat can it be???
also another water leak coming from roof. Filling up the instrument panel by the sunroof and pissing onto the seats. There is no aeriel there for it come in from, as its been removed for styling. any ideas on this too??