Xantia unlocking itself!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andylal
My Cars:

Xantia unlocking itself!!

Post by andylal »

Can anyone help me with this problem? My 1997 Xantia 19td Sx has a nasty habbit of unlocking itself, not straight away mind some time after the intial lock up, i have tried it with the key and plip and it does the same.
I have read though the forum messages on this type of problem but they all seem to relate to a instant unlock rather than one that could be hours later.
I will however run through all the tips i have picked up and see if this does resolve the issue.
Any direct tips on sorting this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Post by PicassoPigeon »

When i had the unlock problem on my xantia i used some 3 in 1 oil in the locks including the boot. Then used the key in each door and boot to lock-unlock a few times. Its never done it again.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Painfull job, but strip the door panels off and liberaly coat all the solenoids and wiring connectiond with either duck oil (or i use GTX Chain Wax) - My ZX had exactly the same problem, it would also sit there merrily locking and unlocking itself for hours.
Coated everything and its been ok since, so im assuming i had a short somewhere.
andylal
My Cars:

Post by andylal »

Thanks for response,
have oiled all lock's etc,removed rear boot solenoid as it sounded on occasion like a screaming banshee and pumped it full of lubing stuff, up to now it seems ok (stayed locked all night)if persists i will endevour to remove all door panels and oil in there as well.