xantia- alarm 2.1 td 1998 R

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charlie victor

xantia- alarm 2.1 td 1998 R

Post by charlie victor »

<font size="3"></font id="size3">
using the remote, me alarm used to work fine along with the central locking.
but now it switches on ok using the deadlock button as normal, but now when i try to switch it off , only the central locking opens the doors,
the alarm lights stays on (flashing).therefore when i open the door to get in car the alarm goes off.
then i have to switch it off manually using the igni. key and the button right to the steering .
does any one know why this is please
thanks in advance
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

When you unlock the car and the alarm indicator is flashing it means that the alarm went off some time after you left the car. In most cases it means faulty sensors, but could even be a spider in the car that triggered the alarm. Nothing to worry about.
Cheers,
John
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

If it's working right it should stop flashing when you put the key in and turn on - don't need to push the button. If it happens all the time it's odd you haven't noticed the alarm! Almost certainly duff sensors easily replaced at about £25 the pair.
PJ
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

panjandrum
when it was working alright , the alarm led used to stop flashing as soon as the central locking opens the doors.
now the led stays on, when the central locking opens the doors, therefore when i open the door to get in the car the alarm goes off.
it seems to me that for some strange reason the remote is not switching off the alarm.
any one got a cicuit diagram for this alarm , or instructions please!
thanks in advance
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Do you mean flashing like rapid flashing which it would do if the alarm had gone off, or occasaional flash which it would do to show the alarm was active?
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

panjandrum,
the alarm led flashing sequence is an occasaional flash which it would do to show the alarm was active.
thanks in advance hoping u can help
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

This may or may not be of help:
When my alarm was refusing to arm itself, and the led was lit continuously, I removed the alarm fuse for 10 seconds and then put it back in. The alarm immediately began working perfectly!
Obviously different symptoms to yours, but possibly worth giving it a try.
Andy
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Charlie: Bit of a mystery then. The plip works, or the doors wouldn't unlock. The alarm kind-of works, but not properly.
I like Andy's suggestion - turn the alarm's power off and on. It's a bit of hitek electronic gubbins and sometimes like PCs these things get confused and need to be restarted. The only way to do this is either fuse out or battery disconnect.
PJ
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

can any one tell me where the fuse is located for me alarm system
?
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Charlie: What drags you out of bed at 6:45 on Saturday!! Fuses behind the small door just by the driver's right knee. Alarm fuse is F17, I think, which is the first one from the top in the second-from-the-right row. Other fuses with alarm in their list of functions are F3 (third from the top, right row), and F15 (second from the bottom, right row). I hope that helps.
PJ
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

much appreciated panjandrum
thanks again
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if that fails have a look at the alarm ECU located under the carpet under the passangers seat,water can leak in from various places & soak the alarm ECU which can cause all sorts of alarm problems.
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

thanks wheeler
<font size="1">if that fails have a look at the alarm ECU located under the carpet under the passangers seat,water can leak in from various places & soak the alarm ECU which can cause all sorts of alarm problems.</font id="size1">
i had a look at the ecu , and found one of the alarm wiring loom connector plug that plugs in to the ecu unit had come out.
i plugged it back in now it's working fine
thanks again
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
Just as I got home one eve a few weeks ago, my indicators started flashing as if I had put hazards on, the headlamps were flashing on /off too. I pulled F17 fuse, all is now ok, apart from no alarm.(there is a faint glow still to be seen in alarm indicator red light. Anyone have any ideas, please
Thanks,
Greg