Need help getting right CX parts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

USA_CX

Need help getting right CX parts

Post by USA_CX »

As my name implys, I live in the USA and I have a CX. 1987 25 GTI to be exact. [8D] It is long overdue for me to completely replace all the hydrolic lines, high and low pressure, as all the high pressure lines are corroded and I have already replaced about 6 low pressure return line. Yesterday I hit some road debris, ended up getting stuck under the car (part of someone muffler) [:(!] I go out to the car today, and there was NO LHM left in the tank within about 10 seconds of starting it, or in the car for that matter, it had all gone onto my driveway. A close exame after jacking up the carrevealed a bust HP line, right where the piece or trash had hit it and gotten stuck [xx(]
So, I need to know what all do I need to get for tools and piping to redo EVERY high pressure line on the car[?] I know a local place that sells me some rubber hose normally used for fir truck hydrolics here rated to 6000 PSI, which is what I am using for low pressure/retrn lines (same ID, very close OD, and so far all of those have been clamp on w/o OD mattering) I also need to get a new air filter or two, and if anyone has any idea of anything else I should do at the same time, PLEASE let me know, as this car has to be my dail driver (thankfully I work at home, still live with family, and reguarly I can borrow my brother's dodge intrepid) [V]
Thank you for your time.[:)]
USA_CX

Post by USA_CX »

Oops, forgot to add that I think I should replace my spheres at the same time (they have been changed once since 87, about 10 years ago[:(!] I have just had the car a few months, and while the ride is not terribly smooth, it isn't too bad since my nice has al nice flat roads. I have heard people mention "comfort spheres" which seem to me normal sphere's with larger openings for more of a dampning effect, are they actually effective, and where could I acquire some if so?
Hmm, I have a lot of work coming, oh well, I need something to keep me busy.
USA_CX

Post by USA_CX »

Once again, I forget something.
Due to fluid availbility (every single truck stop since it is commonly used) I plan to switch the car to milspec 5606 fluid. I have seen several sites saying it is compatible with LHM based Citroens, but has anyone had person experience? Getting LHM here in the good old USA is just about impossible, as it is NOT departemnt of transportation approved, and if your brake fluid is not approved, your car actually is not street legal. I am just happy cops have not checked it yet, as none of the legal fluids are green [:p]
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi
There are lots of DSs in USA running (presumably legally) on LHM; it could be argued that it is not brake fluid at all. Not sure where they get it, but have you looked at the Yahoo CX list?
Not all LHM is the same colour - depends on manufacturer.
Cannot imagine police think they are experts on oleopneumatic suspension systems!
Larger holes in damper valve on sphere give less damping, not more.