Identifying brake setup

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batwad
My Cars:

Identifying brake setup

Post by batwad »

The time has just about come for me to change the front discs and pads on my 306, but I'm not sure quite which brake setup I've got. The pictures in Haynes helped me identify my rear drums as the Girling setup, but for the front it just tells you about the various types of callipers and how to jiggle them about.
I know I've got vented discs, that much is obvious, but I'm at a loss to whether the bits I need are the ATE, Girling etc. I don't suppose there was a standard fit for Phase 1 TDs, was there? Otherwise, any pointers on how to identify my callipers?
solara

Post by solara »

If they are vented discs on a mark 1 TD, then they are most likely ATE TEVES. I believe they are the only one for use with vented discs.
P 2501

Post by P 2501 »

You might be able to tell by looking at the vacuum booster just behind the brake fluid reservoir. On mine (mark I,like yours) there is a blue and white ATE Teves sticker on the vac booster case/cover.
I did my front discs and pads last year and everything was ATE.
Hope this helps.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Should be stamped on the caliper.
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

If it is anything like a 205, the Bendix-type pads have assymetric lugs and the Girling-type ones are symmetric.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

Stamped on the calliper! Of course, why didn't I think of that? [:)]
Now if only it wasn't dark outside already. Damn you, autumn [:(]