Xantia Suspension Troube

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Anthony
My Cars:

Xantia Suspension Troube

Post by Anthony »

Hi
I've had a (94)M reg xantia 2.0i for about 2 years and i've not had that much touble with it apart from a leak from the pipe coming from the front,left sphere. I replaced the pipe but may have lost the ball baering when priming the suspension. Now when i park the car, the front end lowers after a while and takes about 1 minute to raise. The stop light comes on and goes off after the car has raised to it's correct height. If i stop the car and start it again( say within 30 minutes ) the car will hold its height most times but sometimes it will drop down and take a while to raise again with the warning stop light coming on and going off when the car has raised itself. i've read through the posts on the forum but am none the wiser. could somebody please advise[:(]
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

You will only have lost the steel ball if you removed the bleed screw rather than just turned it half a turn. When the front is trying to rise, how often does the regulator click. If it's every few seconds, I would try a new accumulator sphere.
Anthony
My Cars:

Post by Anthony »

Thanks for the reply john. I tried a new accumulator and it is more responsive now. i'll give it a couple of days and keep an eye on it. thanks again