xantia- alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charlie victor

xantia- alarm

Post by charlie victor »

<font size="3"></font id="size3">
ref: car alarm in xantia 2.1 td 1998 R
it was working fine till this morning
now it does not switch off with the remote
i was told i could switch it off from under the bonnet with me ignition key , but my alarm has not got this facility
took both the battery leads off for 10 seconds to see if it resets
that did not help
can anyone help please
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

I assume the car does still lock/unlock with the remote!? If not the batteries on the remote are finished! I had the same once and the alarm wouldn't come off. I could drive using the key the normal way, but the alarm went every 5/10 minutes. Changed the batteries, re-programmed and it was fine.
If the key is working, you might consider disabling the sensors in the car. Turn the ignition 1 click (battery light on only). Press the button on the right side off the steering wheel (not sure about the symbol) for a few seconds and the alarm indicator in the middle of the dashboard stays on permanently. Take the key out and lock/deadlock the car. If this does the trick the sensors are shot.
Cheers,
John
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

if you have a zapper, lock,deadlock then unlock. otherwise do you have the button on the right? possibly next to rear window lock button
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

only a minute late!
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheWorker</i>

only a minute late!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Meaning .... you sorted it?
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">i was told i could switch it off from under the bonnet with me ignition key , but my alarm has not got this facility
Are you sure? The alarm switch is at the nearside back of the engine compartment, up high near the bulkhead. May have a plastic cap or something covering it up.
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MW</i>

[quote]Are you sure? The alarm switch is at the nearside back of the engine compartment, up high near the bulkhead. May have a plastic cap or something covering it up.
Don't expect to find an alarm switch on a 1998.
If plip doesn't work: open door, press and hold the alarm button (on the dash) and turn on ignition. I think you need to do that within ten seconds of opening the door - or maybe hold the button for ten seconds.
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

thanks for all the response's, very much appreciated
panjandrum
your suggestions were spot on
but have you any idea's why upon entry occasionally the blip does not nock off the alarm along with the central locking ?
and yes central locking is working fine
charlie victor

Post by charlie victor »

the alarm unit was under the ns front passenger seat,
when i had a look i found one of the wire loom connector plugs had come out .
pushed it back in again and now its working fine
thanks everyone, all posts very much appreciated