Zx Heater matrix replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

welshy
My Cars:

Zx Heater matrix replacement

Post by welshy »

Hello everybody,
am in the throws of having the upper speedo cable in my citroen zx td (1993) model replaced, and since the dash has to come out, i have also decided to get the heater matrix replaced also, since it has been blocked for about a year, and with winter apon us, theres no time like the present. Please be patient as i am no car mechanic. I picked up the matrix from GSF in glasgow today. The question i would like to ask is.
When you look inside the bonnet of your car, and look were the heater hoses go into the bulkhead, the seem to go in side by side, in a Horizontal position (side by side ), but having got the new matrix today, looking at the hose connections on it, they are above each other in a vertical position ( Top & Bottom ). Assuming that the matrix looks like a miniture verion of a radiator, how is this so.
I have checked the GFS website, and they seem to have only one matrix model listed, and this is the one that i have.
I just want to ask the question to make sure that i have the correct parts before it gets fitted later in the week
Thanks
Tom
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

You are probably looking at it in the wrong orientation, the longest dimension of the matrix is in the vertical plane when fitted with the pipe outlets uppermost, then thy should appear side by side.
Dave
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

a haynes manual may be a useful guide to see what bits actualy want coming off.
welshy
My Cars:

Post by welshy »

Cheers mate
for the reply, that clears the my question up
tom