Mistry part number phone call.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Mistry part number phone call.

Post by Stuart McB »

As you all know I now own a Xsara VTR [:D]. Now latley I've noticed the remote central locking is becoming a pain, you need to be right near to the car. So with out asking on the forum I e-mailed Citroen UK for any information on changing the battery. You know the sort of thing,
Do I need to re-code the key or car?
How long does the battery take to change and what it the procedure?
Resonable questions. well this afternoon I received a phone call from Citroen UK (Becky) very chirpy [;)]. She asked for me by first name and then told me that I needed to order part nember 6572/Lk (or simaler) I asked "what is it?," reply "it's a part number," Phone put down. Hmmm, will phone main dealer for de-code on number. Spoke to Pete at my local dealer who confirmed that this is a ...... battery and you don't need a re-code [:)]. Information gained in under 3mins. You'd think that this could have been told to me by Becky [;)] at first. But thinking about it Citroen have now got me registerd as on their mailing list etc as I forgot the check the 'dont sent me c**p box'. sorry for the ramble it just seems strange to go through all this for a battery at £2.87 +vat. Any how going up the market and paying a pound [:D].
LeFrog
My Cars:

Post by LeFrog »

"Hi Becky. Can I place an order please?"
"Yes Stuart, what would you like to order?"
"A battery for central locking remote please?"
"Ok, just a moment.....That's strange, I can't seem to find the part number for that."
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Its no good you pointing to that box on the shelf mate, the computer says we ain't got any..............
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

But I rang before I set out and you said that you had three on the shelf-
"The computer says that we have but we haven't got any."
ravi

Post by ravi »

hello,
i am ravi from abudhabi
i am interested in purchasing a citroen xantia 2.0i 1994 model..can u pls help me in that and also if i can get a catalouge i will be more thankfull
awating your response
ravi mishra
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

"That box on the shelf that doesn't exist....can I have it for a Peugeot, then?"
"No problem! we've got loads of them!!"