Height regulator, refurbishing... [Solved]

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RaceMouse
My Cars:

Height regulator, refurbishing... [Solved]

Post by RaceMouse »

Greetings earthlings !
After having had a defunct height regulator (Aft) that I had to make a C-dealer change for me, a couple of thoughts crossed my mind:
Why would C put at sophisticated piece of device like that out in the open with no shielding at all, left to its own devices ? It turned out that it had rusted together just enough for it to get stuck. I had to take it to a dealer (which would please the authors of the Haynes Manual) and they changed the part.
I got the old part with me home and started to take it apart and rinse and regrease it. It is now en prestine condition - I THINK !!!
Here's that qustion you've been waiting for : How much will the valve part itself have to be able to move in order for the thing to work ?
The arms themselves are moving ok but et seems to me the valve part is only able to move a couple of mm's each way.
Anybody with any ideas ???????
Best Regards
The RaceMouse von FinkenStein
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Try this site - excellent article on how to remove and repair/service height correctors
http://www.geocities.com/citroen_bx/FAQ ... s_003.html
Jamie
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes, a couple of millimetres sounds dead right. The LHM is a good enough lubricant and protective measure to keep the insides ok. Remember that the linkages should be kept lubed and often aren't. Remember, too that when the height corrector was first used on the Traction Avant in '54,(To try it out on the back axle as part of the DS development programme)cars were regularly greased every 1000 miles and still not expected to last 150,000 miles plus! Your height corrector is still operational: It has really done rather well, hasn't it?
RaceMouse
My Cars:

Post by RaceMouse »

Thanks Guys, Seems to me that i now have a working unit on the shelf 'till next time [:)]
/RaceMouse