head unit fitting xsara 2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rctonka
My Cars:

head unit fitting xsara 2

Post by rctonka »

Has anybody come across a problem with fitting an after market head unit to a Xsara 2? I cannot purchase a facia plate anywhere, as the factory fitted units are of a non standard (din e) size, even citroen cannot come up with any answers to this problem other than purchasing one of their own units![:(!] If anybody has overcome this problem without leaving dirty great gaps in their dashboard, please dont hesitate to write!.
P.s i have tried various audio shops and manufacturers without success.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

This question has baffled Xsara owners for years [?]. Why sell after markert units but not the facia adaptor?
I have a Mk1 and fitted a Sony CD player. Again no facia so used the old one and filled the gaps with some small draft excludor (the grey fibre type) looked ok but I was never happy with it [:(]. Any how long story short I found a place over Dudley (west mids) way which fitted after market stereo set ups. I spoke to them and was told that they could supply both Mk1 & 2 facia adaptors [:D]. Down side was because they didn't really deal with Citroens it took 2 months for the adaptor to arrive. In the mean time I fitted the old head unit back but plugged in a CD changer. Up rated the speakers to just standard Sony ones [:D]. When the facia came I E-bayed it off for £15.
Don't quote me on this but its something like,
www.autoleads.co.uk
If you e-mail them they will put you in touch with the place in Pennsnett, Dudley West Midlands or closer to home. Hope this helps.
rctonka
My Cars:

Post by rctonka »

Thanks for that info, i have just sent autoleads an email to see if they can help, i did already purchase a part from an auto leads supplier but this isnt the right part, hopefully they can sort me out with the correct part, i just cant beleive how hard this is becoming, all i want to do is change the head unit without cutting the original facia, Bad design Citroen!!! i dont want their crappy cd player citroen supply and the price £206.92 + vat and fitting (cos the unit needs coding to the car) Rip off!!![:(!]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Ah the old 'coding' line at the deeer eh. That old one still doing the rounds then. When will Citroen learn. Most other dealers like the blue oval types do this sort of thing for free. Just going back to the original question. Make sure what ever you buy is not for Mk1 Xsara or the Piccaso. I've seen these advertised as Mk 2 facia's on E-bay.