C4 Picasso 2015 Auto Wipe Stalk Behavior

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
DMT15
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2024, 13:26

C4 Picasso 2015 Auto Wipe Stalk Behavior

Unread post by DMT15 »

Hello,

On my 2008 C4 Picasso my wiper stalk operates as per below:

Factory Operation Logic
• To Activate AUTO mode: Push the stalk briefly downwards from the 0 (Off) position and release it. A message will appear on the dashboard screen confirming activation.
• Subsequent downward presses: Once AUTO mode is running, tapping the stalk downward simply commands a single wipe cycle without changing the auto status.
• To Deactivate AUTO mode: You must push the stalk upward to return it manually to the 0 (Off) position, or select a constant manual speed like position 1 or 2.

However, on my 2015 C4 Picasso pushing the wiper stalk down while auto mode is activated turns off auto mode instead of commanding a single wipe.

How can I modify this behavior and make it to operate the same as on my older Picasso? This is very annoying especially when the auto wipe is not sufficient and some extra manual wiping is required while still keeping the auto wipe mode on.

Does anyone know if this can be changed on Diagbox or perhaps by some secret method (for example keeping the stalk pressed down while turning engine on)?
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21154
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8121

Re: C4 Picasso 2015 Auto Wipe Stalk Behavior

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

What happens on the 2015 car when you push the stalk up while in Auto mode? :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
DMT15
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2024, 13:26

Re: C4 Picasso 2015 Auto Wipe Stalk Behavior

Unread post by DMT15 »

Pushing it up while in auto mode deactivates auto mode and turns it to constant manual speed (depending on the position). The factory logic between the two is different and being used to the older logic (and this making more sense) I inadvertently switch off auto mode when pushing down the stalk in auto mode (when all I want is a single swipe) and then have to push it down again to activate auto on mode. My question again is if the auto off can be disabled in Diagbox when pushing the stalk down when auto mode is activated to function as per the older logic and have auto off only activate when pushing up on manual.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 12585
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 1488

Re: C4 Picasso 2015 Auto Wipe Stalk Behavior

Unread post by RichardW »

I don't think so, the car has a different underlying architecture, so is probably programmed differently. At least you get a notification on the dash that auto is on (well our 2017 does anyway!), unlike in the older cars.
Richard W