Door mirrors how to fold in?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

broomie
My Cars:

Door mirrors how to fold in?

Post by broomie »

folks
I have a X reg Xantia HDI 90 estate - How do I fold the mirrors right in? When I try it seems they will break off? Do I just close my eyes and heave or aren't they meant to fold all the way in?
PaulB
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

Dont know about the Xant but the ZX mirrors fold in ok - looks like they will break off but they don't!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I reckon that pulling them fully in the wrong direction and applying a good squirt of your preferred loos'nin juice before pushing them back will work wonders. It always does on a BX!
I hope that you enjoyed your holiday.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Paul, they do fold in. In fact they go both ways, they are supposed to as a safety feature. However, it scares the livin daylights out of me each time I do it and they are lubricated well. Thinking about it my eyes are shut when I give em a push. Would they go in better if I kept them open? Robin
broomie
My Cars:

Post by broomie »

Tom - Holday was fine - I'll slap some WD40 on - how's teh green BX?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Green BX (now dubbed "Graculus")was handed over most reluctantly to David last weekend. It drives beautifully, being the best steering BX I've ever come across. Before I got back to Southampton, I'd decided that there was no possibility of plundering it for parts because it drove so well. You'll be sorry to hear that the engine fault has gone away by itself (I drove it for 300 miles and it has not lost a drop, traffic jams, "performance evaluations" et al). Now that you are back, I'm sure that David will post soon. He is delighted with it and I know that it went to a good home. I got the spares for my trouble, so I'm very happy with a pair of struts to rebuild and stash for future reference. How do you and yours like that pretty Xantia?
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

RE Lubing up the mirrors, I overdid it on one of my BXs and the mirroe would gradually fold in while driving down the motorway.
As for the Xantia, the later models don't seem to fold as flush as the early ones did but they do fold.
broomie
My Cars:

Post by broomie »

Best steering because I replaced drop links, all wishbones bushes, and front struts and rear arms!
Problem gone away -w ell i hope so - i bleive it WILL return at 80 mph on a warm day - please keep me posted!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

"Problem gone away -w ell i hope so - i bleive it WILL return at 80 mph on a warm day - please keep me posted!"
I'll certainly keep you posted - the mechanics of the Green BX(possible HG aside) are a real credit to you, Paul. Will get a thermostat in as soon as poss and see how it behaves then - ditto a temp gauge when I can, as I fitted one in my spares 1.9TGD (reluctantly retired several months ago due to the tinworm and now stashed inconveniently far away but due a plunder soon).